I spend hours trying on different types of jeans to find the perfect pair . And although a pair may not be not 100 % perfect, I end up buying it. Yes, I settle, what can I say!. The perfect pair of jeans can be a great investment as you can get some for like to $200 however, when it comes to advice on the care of these valuable commodities, there seems to be a lot of mystery. Tags that says " use the machine", "do not operate", "hand wash", "do not ever wash" â€“ are also confusing. In order to prolong the life of this piece of clothing as it is and will continue to be fashionable, I have compiled 8 really useful tips that include how to wash, when to wash and how to fold them in a professional manner.
- Jeans fans know that when you buy this piece of clothing, it can take up to six months to become comfortable and should be washed until then. Why? Because once you wash them, they lose the way they adjusted to your body. However, today most are treated (pre -washed for a faded look) and can be washed more often, but only when they are soiled , or when they start to smell.
- Speaking of smells, what happens when they have a bad smell? To remove the bad smell that comes with wear, hang your jeans in the bathroom before a shower (wet steam will keep them fresh), or freeze them in a plastic bag for two days (yes , it really works.) You can also use Febreze.
- To prevent discoloration, wash the jeans upside down in cold water on delicate cycle, or hand with mild detergent such as Woolite. And if your jeans are dark, just add a 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar in the final rinse cycle while washing your clothes to keep the color.
- If you have to use the dryer (which I canâ€™t live without it), lower the temperature to the lowest possible power, and take them out before they are completely dry. Lay thems on a bed or hang upside down to dry. This avoids losing the original size.
- To fold jeans like a pro, place the jeans on a flat surface, fold in half, from left to right. Grab the legs and fold them in half and then lined with denim waist. Fold the denim in the middle again and smooth!
- Wash new denim twice before taking them to the cleaners to do alterations . Why? Because once you wash them, they will shrink.
- If you do not have time to try jeans in the store (my biggest problem), use â€œNeck Methodâ€: You can determine your size if you put the waist line of the jeans around the diameter of your neck. If the waistband line attaches to the back of the neck comfortably, it means they are going to fit you.
- Did they get a little tight? Never mind, let the air dry his pants and give it a slap on the waist with a damp hand (working girl, work it!). If you need to stretch it more, use your hair dryer on the hottest setting or use the steam mode while still wet.
I hope these tips help you to find your favorite pair of denim and save money caring for you have in your closet.
About the Author
Yadira Ambert is the influential Latina blogger and founder of El Club de las Diosas. Her blog focuses on key issues such as education, health, contests, recipes, reviews and beauty topics, all through the eyes of a Latina woman. Yadira, a Puerto Rican mother and passionate blogger, owns Innovative Latina Media, is co-founder of Social Influenz Network, is a marketing professional and is a spokeswoman for the Hispanicize conference and Niche Parent. She has lived in Florida for almost 20 years. You can find her in the following social networks :Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, and Instagram.