Disclosure: I was loaned this vehicle in order to facilitate this review. All thoughts, opinions and sass are purely my own. It is summer. And I'm planning a girl's trip. This planning process is reminding me of a few weeks back when the BFF and kid were here. We got a chance to get in the car and DRIVE! Oh and what did we drive? This little doohickey right here:
I never think of cars! But this one had me doing a double take and really enjoying the ride. We drove down to Miami and had a ball.
It's never been a secret that I'm out of my league around car fanatics. The details and specifics don't always stick to my brain.
Sure, I love that new car smell as much as the next guy and can tell you about my favorite features on the vehicle my family has been using the past few years (currently that favorite feature is that it still rolls down the street) but once the hood is popped I have a hard time. I mean yeah, I know how to replenish the wind shield wiper fluid, throw in some brake fluid and my claim to fame is my awesome tire changing abilities.
But I've begun the slow descent into speaking car and driver. I still can't tell you the inner workings of the engine specifically but I'm steadily learning little bits and pieces as I go.
Generally speaking, if a car gets me from point A. to point B. without breaking down on the side of the road, I'm a happy camper. Add in some power windows, air conditioning and a working radio/CD player and I think I'm in car heaven.
When it comes to brand new cars though, there's just something amazing about sliding behind the wheel and taking them for a test drive. I have my suspicions that the new car smell is what makes the drive so special but then again, when you have a plethora of new features to choose from and play with, that makes it all the more exciting too!
When I was given the chance to pair the 2016 Mazda6 and my girls, I squealed with joy at the opportunity. Y'all know I'm kinda sorta keeping my eyes out for a car (it'll come after the house). So the more I drive, the better.
Available in 8 different beautiful colors to choose from, the Mazda6 is a gorgeous vehicle for anyone in the market for a mid sized vehicle with superior driving capabilities. It's the cure for the common drive, the vehicle to have if you're looking to impress your family or friends with your new ride. Or maybe if you're running away from the kids. I mean, no judgement.
It was also called the "Highest Ranked Vehicle Appeal among midsized cars, two years in a row" by J.D Power Power and associates. Cuz you might believe them more than me.
As usual, I'm kinda impressed by that Skyactiv Technology. My favorite part of the trip was driving 483 miles on a single tank of gas!
Here are the deets for those of you that want all the business:
- Skyactiv Technology. The holistic, from the ground up approach to re-engineering each component for the ultimate in efficiency and lower emissions.
- 2.5L Skyactive G Gasoline Engine. With up to 40mpg on the highway you'll get more bang for your buck as far as miles per gallon are concerned. (see dancing baby above)
- Stylish design. With it's gorgeous signature front bumper and grill, you'll be riding in style! I can't be responsible if you wear yoga pants tho so, there's that.
- Cruise Control with proximity Warning. This feature judges the speed and distance of the car ahead of you, working to maintain a set speed range to help maintain a safe following distance. It makes highway driving less stressful for drivers and passengers alike.
- Leather interior.
- Power windows and door locks.