Dear Frog Princess, We got through your first day of Kindergarten and wow! I have no words. I'm still in shock that I have a Kindergartener in the house. How did that happen?!
We also just got back from our first Mami/Frog Princess vacation. Can I tell you that it was exhausting? Can I tell you it was magical? You had such a great time. Don't believe me? Look!
Things About You This Week
- You have been nervous about going into the classroom with the big kids and told me you might be "shy" around them.
- On your first day, you got a big piece of paper where you drew things about yourself but you did not finish. You worried about not being done and wondered if you had to finish it at home and bring it back to school. I tried to reassure you that it would be okay and if your teacher needed it back, we would send it but that you weren't going to get in trouble.
- You've been a little anxious about missing things or not getting things done. Sometimes I get concerned. You're so hard on yourself in spite of my words of comfort. I want to know how to coax that anxiety out of you and promise that this year, I will work hard to help you through this.
- When you got home from your FIRST DAY of Kindergarten, you asked for a nectarine for a snack. As you were eating it you told me your tooth hurt a bit. I went to look and...you have a wiggly tooth! Correction: you have TWO wiggly teeth. And I don't think I'm ready for it.
- You are excited about music class but told me that you are very much looking forward to art class. You are such an artist!
- For some reason, you are worried about reading. This causes me great pains because of my love of books. I don't want you to be nervous. I want you to take many journeys through the pages of the books that will land in your hands.
- You love cuddling and schedule it in whenever you think we're not doing it enough. Also high on the list? Kisses!
Every day I look at you and I'm filled with amazement. How did I get so lucky to have you as my child?
Several times you've told me that when you were in heaven, you picked me to be your mom and you can't imagine anyone else being your Mami. I love that. Thank you for picking me.
Here's to a fantastic year! I know you will grow by leaps and bounds and I am proud of you already because I know you'll have great accomplishments.
Love you to the sun and back at least 309 times (times infinity),