I don't do resolutions but apparently, you guys want to know about them anyways. Last year I renamed them Mamilutions but I don't know if any of those got done (because why would I write down a bunch of stuff I want to do and then go back and periodically check to ensure I'm doing them?). So here they are:
- Shower daily - this one is going to be hard but I am using my calendar to keep me on track. Don't judge me!
- Wear non-yoga pants at least 2 days a week even when I have no meetings
- Continue my search for an open trophy wife position
- Buy more yoga pants (in case #2 doesn't work out)
- Go to the movies
- Find a date to do #5 with
- Date more (so I can have more blogging material)
- Blog more (so I can have more dating material)
- Grow my readership (you can help with this!)
- Run (without being chased with a deadly weapon)
- Put the phone away for extended periods of time because you guys don't need to know every. single. awesome. thing that happens in my life. Okay, you do but, can you add "be okay with not knowing every single awesome thing that happens in Sili's life" to your resolutions? Thanks
- Write shorter posts so I can achieve #9 (start this one AFTER this post publishes)
After writing that out I will ad lib the final one: stress about the list I just made.
My friend Lucrecer got me thinking about this "word" thing. What's that? Well, instead of resolutions, you pick a word that has intention as to your goals for the coming year. So I started a list.
Organized Peace Blessings Intent Awesomeness Groovy Success Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Genesis Positive Free Happy Focus
I don't know if I can fit my goals into one word. I just want to make it y'all. I want to be successful. And let me define that word for you. To me success means:
- Being able to drop off and pick up my girl without being in fear of losing my livelihood
- Having enough time to sit with her and teach her how to read
- I want to stress less
- I want to live more
- Enough money in the bank to take care of my needs, tithe, give some away to people in need and put money away for a rainy day (and the college fund)
- Going on a real vacation with my girl (she wants to visit other countries, or so she claims)
- Being Â healthy & I want those around me to be the same
- Helping others through Mamihood Media. But not just clients. I want to be able to help other Mamis define their own schedules while working their butts off at something they love
I was at church today and in the midst of the sermon, the pastor used a word. It is a word that always catches my heart because of a conversation my sister and I had a long time ago. I said that if I were ever to write a book about my parents, my mom in particular, it would be called Transcending. Because their stories are pretty amazing, all dysfunctions considered. And as I was typing these other words and starting to stress that I would be wordless for 2014, it hit me.
(v)Â \tran(t)-?send\ transitive verb 1:Â a : to rise above or go beyond the limits of b : to triumph over the negative or restrictive aspects of : overcome c : to be prior to, beyond, and above (the universe or material existence) 2: to outstrip or outdo in some attribute, quality, or power intransitive verb : to rise above or extend notably beyond ordinary limits
This is what I want. To rise above and go beyond the limits. The ones I've set for myself, the ones that have been set by others. I want to triumph over the negative. I want to overcome. I want to be above and beyond where I have been in the past. I want to outdo myself.
Dear 2014, I will be transcending all ovah you!
It is my sincerest hope and prayer that you find a word. Even if it is not one you say out loud. One that is in Â your heart and that you will pour some energy into. One that will help you feel awesome, fresh, cool, accomplished and most importantly: happy.
May 2014 bring with it a wave of bliss and joy unlike any other. And may you tell your friends all about this blog so I can cross off one of the resolutions above. Feel free to subscribe to get new posts in your inbox (it's my blog and I'll promote if I want to).
Love you guys! Stay safe and don't forget to eat those black eyed peas (or lentejas).